How To Hire A Pro Painter (part one)





Hiring a professional painter can be a task at hand. I have heard so many horror stories about painters or handymen not doing what they get paid to do, or they steal peoples money, or just don’t know what they are doing. I have been painting for over 20 years and I have seen some good work and have seen a lot of crappy work. I mean a lot.


The question I always get is why are you not using tape?


I laugh now because there were times I used tape all the time to keep from messing up baseboard and trim. Now I only use tape if I am doing a job and one section is paint and the other is stained wood. But that is not often.


There are some painters who are handy when it comes to home improvement that can do a lot to make a house look good and stay in good shape. Then are painters who just paint, some paint and do sheet rock and the list goes on.


A good painter first carries themselves in a respectful way, dresses appropriately, has good customer service skills and so forth. Now it is hard to tell who is who. A painter can look like a hippie and get judged for it, and may be the best painter that ever lived. Then another painter may have on his whites, a van, business cards, etc. And may not be as good as they look.


Painting is not an easy profession. There is a lot of hard work that goes into home improvement and painting. Setting up areas to be painted, prep areas to be painted, climbing ladders, up and down, moving around furniture, etc. Not to mention doing baseboard, etc. I can go on and on. However a good painter can make it look simple, because a good painter can come in and do regular size rooms in about 2 to 4 hours depending on the color and sheen(flat - eggshell - satin - etc.) and if the place is empty or furnished. 


A professional painter should have knowledge and experience with certain sheetrock repairs, including popcorn ceiling repair. A professional painter should have all tools and equipment to get the job done. I am not here to judge. I am just a professional speaking from experience. Part one….


Popular posts from this blog

Can I Touch Up My House?

Will the Best Paint Brand Please Stand Up!