Will the Best Paint Brand Please Stand Up!



To be honest I do have a favorite paint I love to use, as a matter of fact I have several. I would like to share with you ways to save money and find the best paints to use to get that bang for your buck. The best paints to use on a shoe string budget and what not to put on your walls.

Ok let me start with the high quality paints. I love the Sherwin Williams promar 200 series latex paint. This is a super paint it covers so good it is unbelievable. Now Sherwin Williams have other series, the promar 400 and 700, which are lower quality paints that still can still give you a bang for your buck you may have to work a little harder, but they cover. However the 200 covers dark colors in two coats, when in a lot of cases can take up to three or four coats to cover.

What other paints are good? I love Glidden premium it covers super as well, especially their red paint. And those that know red is one of the hardest colors to cover. I have used other brands and had to put at least 4 coats with a primer. But the Glidden premium red covers so well until it is almost unbelievable. And I say that because most homeowners do not understand the full spectrum of painting. It is more than someone with a roller and brush applying paint. There are all kind of techniques a good painter must know to make the job a smooth transition.

So what I do is I use the best paints from various brands. For example I love using the semi gloss promar 200 from Sherwin Williams for doors and trim, or if money is a little tight I will use the Valspar 4000, instead of the promar 200 they both cover well and touches up well in most home 10 years old or newer.

A lot of homeowners love Behr paints and  they have some excellent paints, as a matter of fact, this is the first paint I started suggesting to homeowners when I started out on my own, however from my experiences, there is no one good brand. All brands make quality paints and low quality paint.

What is the worst paint you ever use? The worst paint I ever use is the valspar cover and go, even the flat covers inferior. And flat is the easiest paint to cover walls and ceiling, every time I use this paint it causes some type problems. It covers like with a choppy looking texture, like a bad touch up paint job. I think they took it off the shelf and re labelled it. Cheap is not always good, if your want an affordable paint the covers well, the Valspar 2000 and 4000. I used the 4000 in rental properties most of the time.

What about Olympic paints? Yes I love the Olympic one paint with the primer. There was a time when this is all I would use. I still use it but for certain colors I use certain brands. Like I said I use the Glidden Paint when it time to paint a room red.

Red is one of the hardest colors to cover walls; however the Glidden is two coat action this is something I know.  It also has primer in it as well; I will say it again this is a super paint. Valspar signature is good as well. I mean I could go on and on. This is a blog , so let me save some for the next postings….







Popular posts from this blog

Can I Touch Up My House?

How To Hire A Pro Painter (part one)